Parent participation is an essential part of school life at Stuart Hall, and there are many ways to share your time and talents. As a Stuart Hall parent or guardian, you are automatically a member of the Stuart Hall Parents’ Association. The purpose of the association is to promote School spirit, provide opportunities for all members of our community to connect and cooperate, and to support your children and the School with various volunteer activities throughout the year.
The goals and bylaws of the Parents' Association can be found here.
The 2017-18 Parents' Association Leadership Team includes the following:
- Maryann and Jerry Acuff, Executive Committee: Co-Chairs. They have one son, Ryan '18.
- Robyn Sommerfield, Executive Committee: Vice President/Secretary and Middle School Coordinator. She has one daughter and one son: Danni '23, and B.C. '24.
- Cristiana Casado '93 and Juan Pablo Molina, Executive Committee: Treasurers and Lower School Coordinators. They have one son in the Lower School, Santiago '25. Cristina also serves on the Stuart Hall Alumni Council.
- Denise Cotter, Chair of the Hospitality Committee, Denise has 2 sons: Whit '19 and Trey '21
- Casey Ochs '89: Chair of the Fall Fundraiser Committee. She is mother to Simon '18 and Sydney '22. In addition, Casey serves on the Stuart Hall Alumni Council.
- Priscilla (PJ) '94: Chair of the Stuart Hall Fund Committee. She is mother to Nina '18. PJ also serves on the Stuart Hall Alumni Council.
The Parents' Association has several standing committees and opportunities for parent engagement. These include:
- Hospitality Committee
- Fall Fundraiser Committee
- Stuart Hall Fund Committee
- Nominating Committee
In addition to the Parents' Association, other ways to be involved in the School include:
- Room Parents (Lower School)
- Homeroom Parents (Middle School)
- Athletic Boosters (Middle/Upper Schools)
- Theatre Boosters (Middle/Upper Schools)
- Parent Admission Network (All Divisions)
We need your help! Please share your time and talents with the school we all love. A commitment could be as simple as dropping snacks off for Parent Teacher Conferences or if you have more time to give, joining one of the committees above. Please click the logo below for a list of volunteer opportunities or email your ideas/ways you'd like to help to firstname.lastname@example.org.