Parent participation is an essential part of school life at Stuart Hall, and there are many ways to share your time and talents. As a Stuart Hall parent or guardian, you are automatically a member of the Stuart Hall Parents’ Association. The purpose of the association is to promote School spirit, provide opportunities for all members of our community to connect and cooperate, and to support your children and the School with various volunteer activities throughout the year.
The 2019-20 Parents' Association Leadership Team includes the following:
- Carla Hansen, Executive Committee: President and Lower School Coordinator. Carla and her husband Greg have three children: Major '24, Mia '24, and Brooks '28.
- Martha Bourlakas, Executive Committee: Vice President and Boarding Parent Liaison. She and her husband Mark have three daughters; the youngest is at Stuart Hall: Elizabeth '21.
- Jennifer Brammer, Executive Committee: Treasurer and Middle School Coordinator. Jen and her husband Glenn have four boys, three of whom are old enough to attend Stuart Hall: Jackson '25, Eli '27, and Bradley '30.
- Renee Staton, Executive Committee: Secretary and Upper School Coordinator. Renee and her husband Steve have two daughters: Gigi '20 and Georgia '24.
- Denise Cotter, Chair of the Fall Fundraiser Committee. Denise and her husband Tad have 2 sons: Whit '19 and Trey '21.
The Parents' Association has several standing committees and opportunities for parent engagement. These include:
- Hospitality Committee
- Fall Fundraiser Committee
- Stuart Hall Fund Committee
- Nominating Committee
In addition to the Parents' Association, other ways to be involved in the School include:
- Room Parents (Lower School)
- Homeroom Parents (Middle School)
- Athletic Boosters (Middle/Upper Schools)
- Theatre Boosters (Middle/Upper Schools)
- Parent Admission Network (All Divisions)