Middle School Academics
Stuart Hall's Middle School provides a vibrant context for academic learning while nurturing emotional, physical, and social growth. The program fosters a sense of belonging and guides students to take increasing responsibility for their learning.
The Stuart Hall Middle School program includes:
- Challenging curriculum that combines core subjects with interdisciplinary enrichment in World Languages, PE, Art, Music, Theatre, and Technology
- Meaningful learning opportunities such as off-campus experiences, guest experts, cross-disciplinary projects, and independent research
- Invaluable skill building in creative and persuasive writing, public speaking, debate, and problem solving
- Engagement in higher-order thinking through analysis and evaluation of social issues and ethics
- Emphasis on conducting oneself with honor and integrity as identified in the Stuart Hall Honor Code and Code of Conduct
- Small classroom settings and experienced, knowledgeable teachers
Programs of Study
Grade 6: English 6; Mathematics 6; Integrated Science 6; American History-Civil War to Present; Arts: Art, Music, and Theatre; French and Spanish Language Exploration; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education/Health. Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.
Grade 7: English 7; Pre-Algebra 7 or Algebra 1 Honors; Integrated Science 7; Civics and Current Events; Spanish IA or French IA; Arts: Art, Music, and Theatre; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education & Health; Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.
Grade 8: English 8; Pre-Algebra 8, Algebra I, or Algebra I Honors; Integrated Science 8; World Geography and Current Events; French I or Spanish I; Arts: Music, and Theatre; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education & Health. Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.