Middle School Academics
Pardon our progress! Like our three campuses, our website is undergoing some renovation. We look forward to bringing you fresh content soon. For more information about our academic program, give us a call at 540-213-3726 or check out our viewbook here.
Stuart Hall's Middle School provides a vibrant context for academic learning while nurturing emotional, physical, and social growth. The program fosters a sense of belonging and guides students to take increasing responsibility for their learning.
The Stuart Hall Middle School program includes:
- Challenging curriculum that combines core subjects with interdisciplinary enrichment in World Languages, PE, Art, Music, Theatre, and Technology
- Meaningful learning opportunities such as off-campus experiences, guest experts, cross-disciplinary projects, and independent research
- Invaluable skill building in creative and persuasive writing, public speaking, debate, and problem solving
- Engagement in higher-order thinking through analysis and evaluation of social issues and ethics
- Emphasis on conducting oneself with honor and integrity as identified in the Stuart Hall Honor Code and Code of Conduct
- Small classroom settings and experienced, knowledgeable teachers
Programs of Study
Grade 6: English 6; Mathematics 6; Integrated Science 6; American History-Civil War to Present; Arts: Art, Music, and Theatre; French and Spanish Language Exploration; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education/Health. Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.
Grade 7: English 7; Pre-Algebra 7 or Algebra 1 Honors; Integrated Science 7; Civics and Current Events; Spanish IA or French IA; Arts: Art, Music, and Theatre; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education & Health; Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.
Grade 8: English 8; Pre-Algebra 8, Algebra I, or Algebra I Honors; Integrated Science 8; World Geography and Current Events; French I or Spanish I; Arts: Music, and Theatre; Public Speaking; Enrichment Choices; and Physical Education & Health. Co-curricular options: Athletics, Chorus, Orchestra, Theatre Productions.