Lower School Academics
Stuart Hall's Lower School provides the opportunity for students to thrive while working with experienced teachers in a hands-on, interdisciplinary, and project-based environment. Young children are nurtured and inspired to be well-rounded successful students who are prepared for engaged lives of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and contribution.
Hallmarks of our Lower School experience include:
- Leadership and Service Learning programs that provide opportunities for all students, PreK-5
- Daily co-curricular activities including Art, Music, Chorus (grades 3-5), Physical Education, Spanish, and Library/Research Skills
- Technology PreK-5 that includes basic computer skills, coding, and digital citizenship
- Family-style lunch that teaches basic table manners and encourages healthy eating, conversation, and parent participation
- Enriching after-school programs such as Chess Club and Lego Club; intramural soccer, basketball, golf, and volleyball; and parent-sponsored clubs
Each student transitions from the Lower to Middle and Upper School prepared for a lifetime love of learning, leadership, integrity, and civic engagement.