Currently, we are hiring for the following positions
Reports to: Athletic Direrctor
Job Summary: This is an opportunity to rebuild the girls basketball program during an important moment in the School’s history. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for creating a positive culture and developing skills that will translate to success on and off the court, while being motivated by the opportunity to take on new challenges and further their career trajectory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and Dean of Students & Campus Life and works with other members of Stuart Hall’s Athletics Department to implement the vision of the School. The Coach’s responsibilities include:
- Attracting current and prospective student athletes in the sport of girls basketball
- Being a positive role model for the students they guide, on and off the court
- Develop and help improve the skills of the students
- Create a healthy and successful team culture
- Teach the fundamentals of the game
Stuart Hall is committed to attracting an applicant pool with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests. Being aware that some individuals will not apply for a position unless they have all of the qualifications, this qualifications list has been written to encourage people with a range of experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Position Requirements: (You must have everything on this list)
- Minimum of two years of experience coaching
- Experience with skill development
- Experience with team building
- Have a long term plan for growth
- Demonstrate patience, the ability to connect with students in grades 6-12, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional background and experience: (If you have any of the following skills or experiences, you are encouraged to highlight them in your application materials, but
please know an absence of any of these will not negatively affect your candidacy)
- Previous experience working in youth basketball
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative and working independently
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and managing a program or initiative that involved leading others – this experience does not have to be
- Critical thinking and listening skills
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with people and advancing the mission of an organization
- Prior experience in game coaching
- Connections to the community
- An interest in being involved in other areas of school life, such as coaching, chaperoning weekend activities, or working with student groups
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to the attention of Jeff Lafave, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be confidential. References will not be checked without first notifying the candidate.
Reports to: Academic Dean
Job Summary: Stuart Hall School seeks Substitute Teachers for grades 6-12 who understand the demands of the classroom teacher and will work closely with the Academic Dean to assist with the execution of the School’s Mission and approach to educating children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Substitute teachers are responsible for planning and carrying out every aspect of the daily schedule, provide instruction, encouraging student progress, and managing the learning environment in the absence of the teacher.
- Implement lesson plans prepared by the regular teacher in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time and motivates students to learn and participate
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals
- Assign and explain tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways, dining hall and recess
- Address the various learning styles of students
- Maintain a safe and organized classroom and hallway
- Demonstrate professional practices in teaching
- Support the school’s mission and culture
- Adhere to the guidelines in the Employee Manual
- For long-term assignments, substitute teachers may be required to develop lesson plans; create, administer, and grade tests/assignments; participate in parent-teacher conferences; and attend school related functions. Activities may occur outside of normal school hours
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students
- Provide supervision of students and the classroom environment that ensures the health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Remain in classroom and monitor students during classroom time; supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, dining room, recess)
- Take all reasonable precautions to protest equipment, materials, and school property
- Report student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the Academic Dean or Dean of Students
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative professional
- Passionate educator
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Brad Arnold at email@example.com.
Stuart Hall welcomes candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning and who will add to the diversity of our community.
Stuart Hall does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its hiring practices. The School is committed to providing an inclusive educational environment. We actively engage students, families, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Our school community respects the differences in ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status.