Apply to Stuart Hall
How to apply
Our online application system makes it easy to get us all your required documents. Create an account and begin your application today by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Please note: Our program for the 2020-21 school year is full. If you are interested in being part of our waitlist or would like to apply for the 2021-22 school year, you can access the online application by clicking here.
What does my application need?
For students applying to grades 6-12, including boarding students grades 8-12, a complete application includes:
- Biographical information with parent statement and student essay through our online system
- Teacher Recommendations from your English and math teachers. Simply enter their email addresses in our online system and we take care of the rest.
- Transcripts from the previous two years
- Test Scores. We accept a variety of test scores, but prefer the SSAT for most students. Ask your Admission Counselor for more details if you are unable to submit an SSAT score for any reason or if the test is not offered in your area.
- A Skype or in-person interview with your Admission Counselor
We also accept applications through SSAT and TABS for boarding students applying to multiple schools.
For students applying to grades PreK-5 a complete application includes:
- Online application form with parent statement
- Teacher Recommendation from current classroom teacher. Simply enter their email address and we will take care of the rest
- An in-class assessment on our Lower School campus. Talk to your Admission Counselor about scheduling this.
- Transcripts, if applicable
Whenever possible we suggest that you visit campus. Many families visit more than once! Check out our Plan Your Visit page to see our Open Houses and visit days. We are always looking to plan the perfect on-campus experience tailored to YOU and your interests so talk to your Admission Counselor about what you are hoping to see and do.
What happens next?
After we have all of your admission materials our Admission Committee will review your application and make an acceptance decision. You will hear from us within 2 weeks of completing your application. After acceptance parents will need to complete our online enrollment process to begin your journey as a STU family!
Our program for the 2020-21 school year is full. If you are interested in being part of our waitlist or would like to apply for the 2021-22 school year, you can access the online application by clicking here. If you have any questions, please contact the admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540/213-7774.
Director of Enrollment
Director of Communications