Our core philosophy of Mind, Body, Heart and Spirit is supported and modeled by our faculty and staff.
Associate Director: Annual Giving and Database Management
The Associate Director: Annual Giving and Database Management supports the School’s development efforts as a member of the Advancement team. A successful candidate should be enthusiastic, energetic, creative and have excellent communication, marketing, and analytical skills. The Associate Director works most closely with the two other members of the development team and the Associate Director of Communications and Events, but also frequently interacts with the faculty, staff and students of the Stuart Hall community. Applicants with the following qualifications will be strongly considered:
- A college degree
- Previous experience in annual giving programs and Raisers Edge preferred
- Previous experience in social media and marketing
- Ability to participate and succeed in a focused, outcomes-based approach to meet fundraising and database management goals
- Exceptionally strong communication and analytical skills for effective solicitation and follow-up to targeted audiences
- Evident and capable interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with wide range of donors and prospects, especially all alumni across generations
Strong computer and data base expertise (Microsoft Office; Blackbaud preferred)
The Associate Director: Annual Giving and Database Management has primary responsibility for the Stuart Hall School Annual Giving Program (repeatable annual donations under $1,000) and oversees the management and maintenance of both hard- copy and computer-based development and alumni information systems. S/he is the primary administrator and user of the Raiser’s Edge database, managing all aspects of mass email solicitation and direct mail operations, creating and running queries and analytical reports, overseeing gift entry, acknowledgements, and reconciling gift records with Finance Office.
S/he reports to the Director of Development and responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute all Annual Giving Program appeals using a variety of communications tools (direct mail, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), to include drafting of compelling solicitation communications customized to specific constituent groups, such as parents, alumni, volunteers, faculty, and friends
- In collaboration with Director of Development and Finance Office, set, track, and reach annual dollar goals for Annual Giving Program.
- In partnership with Associate Director: Alumni Relations and Major Gifts and Associate Director of Communications, create and execute solicitation and communication plans that strategically engage alumni
- In partnership with Associate Director: Alumni Relations and Major Gifts, create strategies and execute resulting plans for a path to leadership giving ($1,000+)
- Ensure accurate recording and prompt appropriate acknowledgement of all annual fund gifts, to include special protocols for major gifts comprised of acknowledgement from Head of School and the Board Chair
- Ensure that all pertinent information included with gifts is captured in the Raiser’s Edge database and, as appropriate, in hard copy files
- Generate wide range of financial, prospect/donor, event, and analytical reports in order to track Annual Giving activities and results and in response to requests by the Development team, Events staff, and Finance Office.
- Add new and update existing records to Raiser’s Edge through the use of imports, global adds, and changes
- Create and perform data integrity checks to ensure that data is accurate, complete and captured in a manner consistent with the needs of the organization
- Create, as needed, and maintain documentation of Raiser’s Edge policies, procedures, and proper use of attributes, notes, actions, and other fields
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issues and ensure consistent and correct data entry by staff
- Generate mailing lists according to criteria for solicitations, events, and other communications, creating appeal or other appropriate codes to track responses.
- Perform mail merges for in-house solicitations and coordinate with outside vendors for the production of large mailings.
- Other duties as assigned
Substitute Teachers for the 2014-2015 School Year
Stuart Hall School, a co-ed Pre-K-12 Episcopal school on two campuses in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (Staunton and Verona), is seeking qualified substitute teachers at all levels and for all subjects for the 14-15 school year. Applicants should be both reliable and punctual and should possess a love of children, a command in the classroom, a sense of humor, and a team approach. Candidates with previous teaching experience preferred. Send resume to Liz Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coaching and Team Management
Stuart Hall School offers interscholastic sports for boys and girls including volleyball, soccer, basketball, cross country, and golf. We accept resumes for current and future coaching and game day management positions, both part-time or in conjunction with teaching and staff positions.
Stuart Hall currently has no full-time faculty openings. To send a resume for the school to retain on-file, please send your credentials to .
Stuart Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.